Thursday, December 27, 2007
CNY: Pineapple Tarts (TRIAL!)
Chinese New Year is my all-time favourite festive season and yay, it's approaching soon! And yes, I do know that Christmas has just been over and I still have got some Christmas cookies and Gingerbread Boys and Girls sitting in my cookie jars, but I just can't resist the temptation of kickstarting off my CNY bakes.

So here they are, the must-have for every CNY: Pineapple Tarts. Strictly speaking, this batch is actually my second trial already. I did not take any photos of the first trial in which I had used another recipe because that dough had failed me miserably and the perfectionist in me just had to throw away the remaining dough. So I quickly bucked up and tried another recipe from one of my Asian Sweets baking book.

Freshly out of the oven.

This recipe required me to use "a few drops of egg yellow coloring". I halved the recipe as I wasn't sure if the texture of these tarts was what I'm looking for and I did not want to end up with one whole batch of pineapple tarts that I do not enjoy eating. And so, I only added two pretty tiny drops (as compared to the few drops the recipe had asked for) so they weren't as golden as the tarts I see in the book.

I'm still unsure of the texture of these tarts, whether they are the melt-in-the-mouth kind in which my family and I adore, or are they the crisp-on-the-outside and crumbly-once-bitten-into kind, or the crisp-on-the-outside and melt-in-the-mouth when bitten kind. I'd have to wait till tomorrow to find out! I'm keeping my fingers crossed. If these tarts fail to reach up to my expectation yet again, I'm so gonna try another recipe tomorrow.
posted by An Economist Baker at 10:41 PM -
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
About Me
Name: An Economist Baker
About Me: I'm a full-time Economics undergraduate and an avid baker who bakes as and when I feel like it. It is my dream to integrate these two important aspects of my life together, and I hope to have my own bakery cafe in the future.
See my profile...

Previous Posts
Archives
Daily Feeds
Local Feeds
Asian Feeds
International Feeds
Inspirational Feeds