Tuesday, January 8, 2008
Pineapple Tarts Frenzy
I'm currently in the quest for the perfect Pineapple Tart. It has to be melt-in-the-mouth, the pastry must have a fragrant buttery smell and the pineapple paste must not be overly sweet. Therefore, I spent a few consecutive days baking these three different versions:

Type 1: Tangerine Style

Type 2: Bengawan Solo Style

Type 3: Open Style

I really like these three types of tarts but I'm still trying to refine them further! I hope the pastry would be even more melt-in-the-mouth! Gotta do more baking tomorrow. Heh! And I can feel my wasitline expanding these days. I pop in several after baking every batch, and that clearly explains why I feel fat. But nothing's going to stop me from enjoying all the nice treats during CNY.

posted by An Economist Baker at 9:55 PM -
6 Comments:
  • At January 11, 2008 at 7:59 PM, Blogger JANE TOH said…

    Appreciate ur link :) Wow ur pineapple tarts looks so professional! I used to make the sunflower version too but always have difficulties shaping the pastry base. Perhaps u might wanna share ur recipes?

     
  • At January 12, 2008 at 11:35 PM, Blogger eh said…

    WOMAN! never tell me your new link. how can ?
    omg. you gotta share with me your pineapple tarts recipe. looks damn good

     
  • At January 13, 2008 at 12:17 PM, Blogger An Economist Baker said…

    The recipe for my Pineapple Tarts was given to me by my Aunt. Will be asking her if she's okay with me posting the recipe online. If she gives the nod, I'm all for it! :)

     
  • At January 14, 2008 at 1:11 AM, Blogger zhengning said…

    Hello!
    Thanks for the linkage :D I'll link you too! Heee.

    Wow, nice blog there and your bakes looks lovely. Must be baking for some time already, haha, i love to look and pig out at pretty bakes haha.
    Yeah i agree with jane, share your recipe? Haha.

    :D

     
  • At January 15, 2008 at 9:47 AM, Blogger Miss Tam Chiak said…

    hello! its my first time here. first of all, i must comment tt u have a really nice blogskin! so sweet! :)

    secondly, being an avid pineapple tart lover who eats 8 bottles every cny, i really think ur pineapple tarts look professional, glossy, sweet and nice. do u sell them?

    lastly...im an undergraduate too! :)

     
  • At January 16, 2008 at 8:58 PM, Blogger An Economist Baker said…

    Jaime-La-Nourriture,

    Thank you for your compliments! :)

    I do sell them but I am going to stop taking orders soon.

    Anyway, where are you studying now? And do you mind if I link you up? :)

    Warmest Regards

     
Post a Comment
About Me
Name: An Economist Baker
About Me: I'm a full-time Economics undergraduate and an avid baker who bakes as and when I feel like it. It is my dream to integrate these two important aspects of my life together, and I hope to have my own bakery cafe in the future.
See my profile...

Previous Posts
Archives
Daily Feeds
Local Feeds
Asian Feeds
International Feeds
Inspirational Feeds