Saturday, February 16, 2008
Miraculously Delicious
I had the popiah from Qi Ji few days back and although it wasn't the first time I'd tried it, I was still blown away by the taste of it. I didn't quite use to like popiah when I was much younger but I started really digging it since last December. I can't remember what made me fall in love with this Singaporean snack but I started taking it for breakfast every other day when I'm out with my mum in the morning.

I've tried really bland ones and some had skins that were too soggy. But this one from Qi Ji is really good, I like the texture and also, the Auntie was really generous with the sweet sauce. A popiah has to have enough of the sweet gravy to taste good otherwise it'd be pretty bland. Furthermore, the skin can't turn soggy after adding all the vegetables as it might create a rubberised texture that's really not nice to chew on. All in all, I'm really pleased with the popiah! But I'm still dying to try those from Old Long House Popiah, Glory and Kway Guan Huat. I've always heard many fascinating stories about them and one day, I must discover the magic in them myself. Nevertheless, this Qi Ji popiah is still on the top of my Popiah List.
posted by An Economist Baker at 11:16 PM -
2 Comments:
Post a Comment
About Me
Name: An Economist Baker
About Me: I'm a full-time Economics undergraduate and an avid baker who bakes as and when I feel like it. It is my dream to integrate these two important aspects of my life together, and I hope to have my own bakery cafe in the future.
See my profile...

Previous Posts
Archives
Daily Feeds
Local Feeds
Asian Feeds
International Feeds
Inspirational Feeds