Wednesday, April 9, 2008
My First Milk Loaf
I finally tried baking my own loaf of bread and it turned out much better than I had expected it to be. I used a recipe from Happy Home Baking (Thank you!) and many people have gotten fantastic results before. Therefore, I've been dying to try it out since a long time ago. I used a pullman tin (bread tin) I bought from Thailand last December and I love the squareness of my loaf. The squareness makes it look so much like professional commercial bread. Here's how it looks like:


I was supposed to roll the dough into a swiss-roll style but I'm still not so experienced in handling bread dough so this was the best I could come up with:

Nevertheless, the bread turned out really wonderful:

Look at the soft and fluffy texture:

It has been three days since I baked this loaf of bread and the texture still remains as soft. I spread it with strawberry jam and have it as breakfast. A real simple but yummy treat to perk me up in the morning. I can't wait to bake another loaf for the week!

posted by An Economist Baker at 11:16 AM -
3 Comments:
  • At April 12, 2008 at 10:07 AM, Blogger Unknown said…

    wow! the milk loaf looks nice! can i have a bite? hahaha

    btw can you relinked me? i moved to http://www.ladyironchef.com

    Thanks,
    Brad

     
  • At April 12, 2008 at 12:09 PM, Blogger An Economist Baker said…

    I can let you have the whole loaf if you really want! :)

    I've relinked you already and congrats on having your own domain! :)

     
  • At April 14, 2008 at 9:28 AM, Blogger -wj- said…

    wow i must have a try too! after exams ok! btw my friend's in taiwan for exchange now. maybe u want visit her blog so get some ideas where to go? i think it's quite informative. http://huifoonintaipei.blogspot.com

     
Post a Comment
About Me
Name: An Economist Baker
About Me: I'm a full-time Economics undergraduate and an avid baker who bakes as and when I feel like it. It is my dream to integrate these two important aspects of my life together, and I hope to have my own bakery cafe in the future.
See my profile...

Previous Posts
Archives
Daily Feeds
Local Feeds
Asian Feeds
International Feeds
Inspirational Feeds