Sunday, March 9, 2008
下了一整天的雨
This is one of my favourite Singaporean Kueh. Some call it Wa Ko Kueh (Steamed Rice Cakes), Mo Ko Kueh, or Smiling Kueh (the one I prefer). My mum always gets the Mo Ko Kueh from Bengawan Solo for me and theirs look slightly different, without the "smiley faces" you see here:


I think my mom bought this from one of the stalls in the nearby wet market and upon seeing them, I smiled widely because of the wide array of colors. My favourites are the Pink and Yellow ones, simply because they are the happy and bright-looking colors. These are simply treats that I'd never get sick of, although they taste slightly plain without the orange-colored sugar. A good Mo Ko Kueh should be soft and fluffy, and most importantly, not sticky. These that my mom had bought were really so soft that I could almost feel them melting in my mouth.

I want to smile as happily as these Smiling Kuehs.

今天下了一整天的雨,心情有点闷闷的。希望自己能像这些糕点一样笑得非常灿烂。

posted by An Economist Baker at 8:58 PM -
5 Comments:
Post a Comment
About Me
Name: An Economist Baker
About Me: I'm a full-time Economics undergraduate and an avid baker who bakes as and when I feel like it. It is my dream to integrate these two important aspects of my life together, and I hope to have my own bakery cafe in the future.
See my profile...

Previous Posts
Archives
Daily Feeds
Local Feeds
Asian Feeds
International Feeds
Inspirational Feeds