Monday, May 12, 2008
I Love You Mummy.
Thank you for keeping sane when I go insane.

Thank you for understanding when I misunderstand.

Thank you for tolerating when I get intolerable.

Thank you for keeping that smile when I frown.

Thank you for being there for me even when I'm not there.

Thank you for trusting me when nobody else does.

Thank you for being so patient when I get impatient.

Thank you for being so kind when I'm mean.

Thank you for your tender loving care Mummy.

Words can't express how much I love and appreciate you and I want to be a better daughter, for you.

* * *

My sister and I bought a Chocolate Banana Cake from Ah Teng's Bakery @ Raffles Hotel for my mummy.

Here's what the cake looks like:


I thought the chocolate squares around the cake look pretty cute too.

Mummy cutting the cake:

A cross-section of the cake:

There's banana custard cream and banana slices smacked between the two layers of sponge cake, and the cake's topped with dark chocolate. I thought this tasted better after taking it out of the chiller and leaving it in the open for about 10 minutes or so as it was quite dense right out of the fridge and I could not taste the different textures of the various layers.

After sometime, the cake turned much softer and I could taste very distinctively the softness of the sponge, the creamy banana custard, the slightly mushy banana slices and the delish dark chocolate. When it all went into my mouth at the same time, I let out an "Oomph" instantly. It tasted really divine. The whole combination was just so perfecto. I couldn't stop at one slice and I went on to help myself to another. And another. So I had a total of three slices. No wonder I'm feeling fattt.

Anyway, I think my mummy was really happy with the dinner, the presents, the cake and us today.

I'm happy when she's happy. :)

posted by An Economist Baker at 12:38 AM -
2 Comments:
Post a Comment
About Me
Name: An Economist Baker
About Me: I'm a full-time Economics undergraduate and an avid baker who bakes as and when I feel like it. It is my dream to integrate these two important aspects of my life together, and I hope to have my own bakery cafe in the future.
See my profile...

Previous Posts
Archives
Daily Feeds
Local Feeds
Asian Feeds
International Feeds
Inspirational Feeds